HARLEY-DAVIDSON® RIDING ACADEMY
Whether you’re just getting started or brushing up, learn the skills you need to ride with confidence. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of riders achieve their dreams, let us help you too. Learn more about our Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy motorcycle training courses and find a class today.
NEW RIDER COURSE
Never ridden before? Want to get your license? The New Rider Course will lead you through the steps to learn to ride a motorcycle and get you on the road. Successful completion earns the MSF BRC card and in most states a license waiver that gets you a motorcycle endorsement on your license at your state DMV.
Designed in conjunction with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation®.
- Develop the proper understanding and skills for being safe on the road.
- Approved by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
- A minimum of a C Class Driver License is REQUIRED to participate in this course, however, riding experience or a motorcycle learner’s permit is NOT REQUIRED.
**Successful completion qualifies you to purchase a Maryland Motorcycle License with no additional testing at the MVA.**
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle
- Range Instruction from State & Riding Academy certified coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting riding obstacles
- Earn a Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Card, which may exempt you from the riding portion of your state license
NEW GRADUATE FINANCING AVAILABLE
Riders who complete the Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy Course can take advantage of special financing options which include no down payment or rates as low as 3.49%* and flexible terms.
WHAT TO WEAR
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves with leather palms and knuckles
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
Need help finding the right gear for you? Schedule a gear fitting today.
YOUR JOURNEY IS JUST BEGINNING
You’re on your way to becoming a fully licensed rider. The open road is calling, and we can’t wait to help you answer the call. Check out our additional opportunities to learn and gain confidence and hear from our students about their experiences.
INTERMEDIATE RIDER COURSE
Created for experienced riders, this 1-2 day course offers advanced tips and techniques that help you own the road. The course is built on the curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) Basic Rider Course 2 Suite, and is taught by devoted MSF and H-DTM Certified Instructors.
Out of State License Holders:
You are responsible for understanding your home State rules and regulations concerning the M Class license or endorsement. As proof of successful completion, we will issue only a Maryland Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Card to Out Of State license holders which may not meet the requirements in your home state for issuance of an M Class License or an M endorsement. Please contact your home MVA to make sure your successful completion and the card we issue will be recognized for licensure in your State before you register.