Learn to Ride
Learn to Ride
CLASSES FOR 2023 ARE FILLING UP! !
The Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy NEW RIDER COURSE
– Designed in conjunction with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation®.
– Develop the proper understanding and skills for being safe on the road.
– Approved by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
– A minimum of a C Class Driver License is REQUIRED to participate in this course, however, riding experience or a motorcycle learner’s permit is NOT REQUIRED.
**Successful completion qualifies you to purchase a Maryland Motorcycle License with no additional testing at the MVA.**
We look forward to welcoming new students for the 2023 training season. REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
READ BELOW FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PROGRAM AND CLASS FORMATS OFFERED.
Courses offered: New Rider Course – March through December up to 4 class formats per week to choose from (see formats listed below)
The Riding Academy New Rider Course is a three part course which consists of three required components:
- eCourse – On line course – must be completed on a laptop or desktop computer. It is a PREREQUISITE for the rest of the course!
- Classroom – Completed at the dealership
- Riding – Completed at our exclusive closed course riding range
**All three components are required pieces and must be completed in the order noted above to successfully qualify for your M Class License.**
Course Cost: $399 INCLUDES:
- All Classroom materials
- Use of a Harley-Davidson 500cc Street Motorcycle.
- Full payment due upon registration.
- Online registrations require payment via VISA and MasterCard credit cards ONLY.
In Store payment VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, debit cards, and cash
- Payment does not imply or guarantee successful completion.
- Select from four convenient class formats (noted below)
- Click the orange button to view schedule and register on line!
- If your class falls within a holiday week, please verify your class dates and times they may have been adjusted to accommodate holiday scheduling.
- All courses must be completed in their entirety and you may not mix & match days and times.
- No reschedule/refund 14 days or less prior to the start of class.
- If registration takes place within the 14 days prior to class you are automatically subject to the cancellation policy.
- Failure to be prepared for class (including completion of online eCourse) is subject to dismissal from the course with no refund/no reschedule.
To Participate Students Must:
- Students must be able to speak, read and understand the English language. No interpreters are allowed. No other language materials are provided.
- Complete the online eCourse no more than 30 days prior to first class session.
Motorcycle Safety Foundation eCourse:
After you have secured your class reservation, please access the MSF website training.msf-usa.org/eCourse/Basic It is a PREREQUISITE to participate in the New Rider Course!
eCourse must be completed within 30 days prior to your first class session, on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of any class session. Tardiness may result in dismissal from course and forfeiture of class fee
- Arrive completely prepared for class as described in email from program manager (not the auto confirm email from registration)
- Students who are under the age of 18 must report to the first day of class with their parent/guardian, who must sign the waivers in the presence of the class instructor.
- Provide their own PERSONAL SAFETY GEAR:
- DOT compliant helmet
- Eye protection (helmet face shield or safety eyewear)
- Full fingered gloves
- Full length jeans or riding pants
- Over-ankle boots.
Out of State License Holders:
You are responsible for understanding your home State rules and regulations concerning the M Class license or endorsement. As proof of successful completion, we will issue only a Maryland Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Card to Out Of State license holders which may not meet the requirements in your home state for issuance of an M Class License or an M endorsement. Please contact your home MVA to make sure your successful completion and the card we issue will be recognized for licensure in your State before you register.
Class Schedule #1
|Monday||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Tuesday||7:00AM - 3:00PM|
|Wednesday||7:00AM - 1:00PM|
Class Schedule #2
|Monday||5:30PM - 7:00PM|
|Tuesday||5:30PM - 10:00PM|
|Thursday||7:00AM - 3:00PM|
|Friday||7:00AM - 1:00PM|
Class Schedule #3
|Thursday||5:30PM - 10:00PM|
|Friday||5:30PM - 7:00PM|
|Saturday||7:00AM - 2:00PM|
|Sunday||7:00AM - 1:00PM|
Class Schedule #4
|Thursday||5:30PM - 7:00PM|
|Friday||5:30PM - 10:00PM|
|Saturday||11:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Sunday||12:00PM - 6:00PM|